Wrightsville 10th Anniversary Edition launches!
The expanded and enhanced edition of the award-winning Wrightsville Beach: The Luminous Island was published October 1 with a kickoff event at the Wrightsville Beach Museum of History. For more on the book, or to order a copy, CLICK HERE.
News about Ocracoke!
MIDWEST BOOK REVIEW BOOKWATCH, September 2017:
“The release of [this] ‘enhanced edition’ … allows for the addition of numerous photos and the enlargement of others in a classic … McAllister’s history captures the atmosphere and evolution of the island in such a way that even non-residents and those relatively unfamiliar with Ocracoke will find it a lively, compelling read.” (FULL REVIEW)
Just $22.95 with FREE SHIPPING! Order here
The award-winning 1996 book, written by the late ELLEN FULCHER CLOUD, is the true story of “the Ghost Village of the Outer Banks.” Beach Glass Books has brought back Portsmouth in a special enhanced edition, with larger pages, more photographs, and a new foreword by RAY McALLISTER.
- More details at Beach Glass Books and our Portsmouth page
- Shops that are Selling Portsmouth
- Portsmouth in the News
Meet the Most Interesting (and Famous) People in the World …
at 50% OFF! … and get FREE SHIPPING Click book to order
“TOPSAIL ISLAND: MAYBERRY BY THE SEA” … now on AUDIO! Yes, Ray McAllister’s award-winning book is now on audiobook, perfectly read by actor/voice artist John Witt. Listen to the allure of Topsail Island while riding to or from your favorite island — or just day-dreaming of Topsail. Available on iTunes, on Amazon — or FREE with a trial membership to Audible.com. Listen to a sample and get your FREE copy at http://amzn.to/1J2nmIB
Relax on an Island!
Welcome to the site of
Author Ray McAllister
Thank you for visiting. Ray McAllister is the author of four award-winning books on the North Carolina coast: Topsail Island: Mayberry by the Sea, Wrightsville Beach: The Luminous Island, Hatteras Island: Keeper of the Outer Banks, and most recently, Ocracoke: The Pearl of the Outer Banks. Order your signed copies here.
Be sure to check the “Appearances” page for Ray’s signings.
We also have a variety of coastal gifts and mementos, including note cards, welcome signs and oval stickers, plus Topsail Island vacation rental homes.
Please come back often to view updated appearances and announcements.
Never had a speech of mine “tweeted” before. So if you missed “Ocracoke” at the Virginia Historical Society, here’s the “Cliff’s Notes” version (you do remember Cliff’s Notes, right?):
1. VaHistoricalSociety @vahistorical 8 Aug @RRayMcAllister talking about Capt Teach, commonly called Black Beard, & #Ocracoke #history. #rva pic.twitter.com/M14Vix6B0y View photo
2. VaHistoricalSociety @vahistorical 8 Aug @RRayMcAllister says everyone gets pic taken w/ #lighthouse while in #Ocracoke
3. VaHistoricalSociety @vahistorical 8 Aug @RRayMcAllister says many homes in #Ocracoke built of wood from shipwrecked boats. Very interesting! #history #outerbanks
4. Jennifer Guild @jenguild 8 Aug “@vahistorical: @RRayMcAllister says everyone gets pic taken w/ #lighthouse while in #Ocracoke” yep. Went in June. Got the pic. VaHistoricalSociety @vahistorical 8 Aug
5. @RRayMcAllister says in 1950s #Ocracoke had nation’s only mounted Boy Scout troop! #ponies #history #outerbanks VaHistoricalSociety @vahistorical 8 Aug @RRayMcAllister says there are 745 acres in #Ocracoke village
Ray McAllister Books, P.O. Box 72672, North Chesterfield, VA 23235