- CLICK HERE to watch the Topsail Virtual Launch Event with Quarter Moon Books & Gifts
- CLICK HERE to watch the Topsail Virtual Launch Event with Fountain Bookstore
- Signed Hardcovers $28 +FREE shipping
- Paperbacks $19.95 + FREE SHIPPING.
WHERE TO BUY THE SECOND EDITION:
- eBooks: Rakuten Kobo, Barnes & Noble Nook, Amazon Kindle
- Print books in stores: on Topsail Island and elsewhere.
- Print books online: in CART ABOVE, at Barnes & Noble, at Amazon.
- Print books by mail: Send payment to: Ray McAllister Books LLC, P.O. Box 72672, North Chesterfield, VA 23235.
- Audio books: NOTE: Only 1st Edition available. 2nd Edition coming this spring.
A new expanded and updated 2nd edition of Topsail Island: Mayberry by the Sea, by award-winning coastal author Ray McAllister, has been published by Beach Glass Books.
The book was published March 2 in signed hardcover, unsigned paperback, and eBook formats. An audio book will follow. The new publishings mark the 15th anniversary of the original publication of the award-winning book by John F. Blair, Publisher.
The new edition features larger pages and photographs, as well as more than 100 pages of new material – plus a foreword by renowned author Diane Chamberlain.
The award-winning Topsail Island shares the history, people and continuing allure of the beloved North Carolina island with the small-town feel. Here are stories of the top-secret missile program, the mysterious “Gold Hole,” and the monster hurricanes Hazel, Bertha, and Fran. Here are giant sea turtles, and a traveling bear, plus old-time fishing piers and beach cottages with whimsical names. Here are vacationers, picture takers, surfers and fishermen, and musicians. Here are the many who share their love of Topsail.
This new edition adds the story of the iconic Swing Bridge and its replacement by a sweeping modern bridge, the devastation brought by Hurricane Florence and a pair of large fires, and the continuing “Topsail” feel nourished by small-town shops and festivities. Here, too, is an expanded story of the historic Ocean City “Black beach,” and newly presented stories of the massive whale carcass dragged to Topsail’s shores, an unexpected tornado, and the century-old mystery of the captain found in his wrecked ship, a bullet through his head.
Topsail Island: Mayberry by the Sea, 2nd Edition, March 2, 2021, by Beach Glass Books.
- Signed hardcover, $28.00 retail. 5-7/8 x 8-3/4, ISBN: 978-1-7361321-0-4.
- Paperback, $19.95 retail. 5-1/2 x 8-1/4, ISBN: 978-1-7361321-1-1.
- 352 pages, 150+ photos/illustrations
Hear the Topsail Island AUDIO BOOK
TI Stickers (3 x 4-1/2 inches)